Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Alberta is Canada’s fourth most populous province with an estimated population of over four million. Canada’s centre to the crude oil industry and oil sands, it has abundant natural resources and reflects rich geographical diversity of Canada. The two biggest cities in Alberta, Edmonton (capital) and Calgary feature large urban places surrounded by residential areas and suburbs. These cities are home to some of the biggest universities, hospitals, multinational companies, sports and recreational facilities in the country. In the midst of the beautiful rocky mountains (also called the Canadian Rockies); glaciers and beautiful natural parks, Alberta is truly a beautiful place to live in. Some of the tourist destinations within the province include Banff, Canmore and Jasper.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) in liaison with the government of Alberta, is structured to support its economic growth by recruiting and retaining skilled and semi-skilled workers to the province. Just like most of the provincial nomination programs, AINP also nominates qualified individuals for permanent residency through their province. Individuals can apply on their own or with their employers. AINP is divided into three different streams, Strategic Recruitment Stream; Employer-Driven Stream; and Self Employed Farmer Stream.
Strategic Recruitment Stream: Strategic recruitment stream refers to the applications which can be made on their own; without employer support. This stream is further categorized under three categories.
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category: Temporary foreign workers residing in Alberta with a valid trade certificate recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) can qualify under this category.
- Health Care Engineering Occupations Category: Temporary foreign workers residing in Alberta with work experience in an eligible engineering occupation can apply. Only specific occupations are eligible.
- Post Graduate Worker Category: Graduates from a recognised post-secondary institution in Alberta who are currently residing and working in the province with a valid work permit may be eligible to apply under this category. Most occupation under NOC 0, A, B & C are eligible except a few which are supervisors, foremen and trades people in this list of ineligible occupations.
Employer-Driven Stream: The Employer-Driven Stream allows employers to nominate their employees for AINP. It has three different categories.
- Skilled Worker Category: If you have been offered a permanent, full-time job by a Alberta employer in an eligible skilled occupation, you may qualify. You do not have to be working in Alberta in order to apply.
- International Graduate Category: You may qualify to apply under this category if you have graduated from a recognized postsecondary institution in Canada with a valid postgraduate work permit and have a permanent, full-time job offer by an Alberta employer in an eligible occupation.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category: If you have been offered a permanent, full-time job by a Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation, you may qualify. You must meet the minimum language standards in order to qualify.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream: Under the self-employed farmer stream individuals who have farming experience and can prove that they can purchase and develop a farm in Alberta can apply for AINP. In order to qualify you must have:
- Farm Management Skills: It can be shown by providing documentation of your existing farm business, education, training and work experience. You can also provide a business plan for farming in the province and be able to prove that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business model.
- Sufficient Financial Resources: You must be able to invest CDN $5000,000 of equity in a premium production farming business in Alberta and a minimum net worth of CDN $500,000.
- Primary Production Farming Business: You must invest in a primary production farming business in Alberta while documenting your investment intentions in your proposed business plan. Applications representing the best opportunity for growth relevant to Alberta’s agri-food targets will be given priority.
CWC Immigration Solutions Inc brings over 15 years of experience serving prospective Canadian immigrants with ethical, timely and competent representation for immigration and resettlement. With branches in Canada, UAE & India, our global immigration experts have helped over 1000’s of families, professionals and students successfully immigrate to Canada.